As readers may notice, Chip Berlet visited this blog and left a comment.
He challenged me to articulate thoughts regarding his performance in the History Channel piece. Several years ago, I had an email exchange with Mr. Berlet. (I wouldn’t say that I said anything which would have been memorable in my question and follow up email to him.)
Rather than address the argument of what he said in the video, and why I find his words intentionally misleading, I’ll simply share this link about him:
The Devil and John Foster “Chip” Berlet
Note: I have left out the reference to Sean McBride (as being an online alternative identity of Berlet, as I find no way to evaluate that charge and have seen no trail of evidence which would lead that direction.
Berlet also gains mention here:
In summary, I would outline the following possibilities as crude speculation to account for Mr. Berlet’s commentary about 9/11 and his attitude toward those of us who have alternative theories about what happened on 9/11:
1. He really is quite dull witted.
2. He is “bought off”.
If the explanation lay with #1, I pity you, Sir.
If the explanation is #2, I hope you have extracted a tidy sum for you compliance.
Related Content: The Mother Of All 9/11 Truth Hit Pieces Airs Tonight
The History Channel’s take on 9/11
Here’s a breakdown of the History Channel hit piece in a nutshell
If Anyone Wasn’t Convinced….
(so far :30 minutes in)
* No Mention of Steven Jones
* No Mention of WTC 7
* Lots of Crappy Fetzer
* No Admission by History Channel of Their Conflict of Interest
* Finally Steven Jones, but no true intro to Jones
* Gene Corley lies
crap… from the anti truth crowd.
This whole “debate seqment” about the tower collaspe is Horseshit.
Sofia Sofquat included. Pleeeeeese
* the steel was naked……..
* the quality of debate is not as good as even that of at SLC Blog.
* Meigs… Giant Accordian (Give me a break!)
* This is such a sad attempt by History Channel
* Nothing about Rivero’s statement (from New Mexico Schools of Mines) right after 9/11 and retraction.
Dr. Van D. Romero, a doctor of physics and vice president for Research and Development at New Mexico Tech, first made his expert opinion known in an Albuquerque Journal news article days after 911. He later recanted, giving no explanation.
* More Fetzer face time. Arrrrrrrg.
* Unidentifed person says building couldn’t have been wired with explosives knowing exactly where planes would hit. (au contraire!)
* Meigs and others about Pentagon. Idiotcy.
* Structural Engineer in green….like an avalanch of snow, etc. , all of this is horse hockey.
almost the end of 2nd 1/2 hour
… paraphasing…. it’s that evil internet that spreads these crazy conspiracy theories….
silly photo, it probably is real..
* Nothing said so far about the low utilization of seats by passengers in all 4 flights
* Nothing said about Flight 93 not being a standing scheduled flight prior to 9/11.
* Michael Hynes is a fool
* Meigs continues to be an embarrassment
* Alex Jones may be half right (about the debris field). As usual, Jones hurts the process of making an honest case.
* Todd Beamer evidence did not explain the details (Beamer talking to another agent at GTE first). Not wanting to call his wife.
* DRG’s claim may be meaningless. Loose Change, MarkBingham evidence is thin.
* History Channel plucks the “heart-strings”.
Now 9:10 CST.
This white-wash of the issues will only convince the 98% of Americans who aren’t paying attention.
* No discussion of War Games
* No discussion of the fact that the 9/11 Commission have stated publicly that the Miltary lied in testimony about the flights, notification of Norad, scrambling, etc.
I guess they had to include WTC 7.
* Arrrrg. More Sofia
* Davin Coburn is worthless (Pop. Mech.)
* Meigs is full of it talking again.
* Jones doesn’t talk about Justice Dept. evidence in WTC 7. (possibly OK City Bombing related)
* Meigs is an expert???? (highlighting on screen)
* Incorrect words on screen (about what anyone claims about Silverstein)
* Brent Blanchard is worthless at every turn.
History Channel is recycling completely worthless “debunking”.
Ah yes… the building’s unique structure… the trusses.
Debunker claim: We now know the scooped out wall was significant.
Debunkers are offering embarrassing mumbo jumbo.
History Channel finally admits 1st NIST report was due in 2004.
(cut to commercial)
Michael Scheuer is full of it. (Govt. can’t keep a secret).
Relative of a deceased person: “Conspiracy Theories” a knife stabbing me in the heart.
Tim Ryan (fire fighter, not sure I have his name right) is a know nothing.
(cut to commercial)
Looks like History Channel is going to completely ignore the iron spherical particles in ground zero dust research of Steven Jones.
* More silly Meigs
According to History Channel….Cell Phone calls question “thoroughly debunked”. Outrageous.
History Channel focuses on Loose Change guys as the end all and be all.
Chip Berlet again. Shithead.
On camera… Alex Jones. sort of a shithead too.
Meigs…. This man deserves no respect.
Bottom Line: According to History Channel, people who have concerns about about what happened on 9/11 are egotistical, narcissistic and have espoused an impossible certainly about their alternative theories.